If you are a senior in an LAUSD high school, you may be eligible to participate in I AM. See below for our eligibility requirements.
Students from our following partner schools may apply:
- Downtown Magnets
- Manual Arts
- Santee Education Complex
- West Adams Prep
- Ambassador School of Global Leadership
Your mentor will be a graduate student or staff member from USC. We’ve helped many students get into the colleges they wanted to go to, we can help you too!
- You MUST be a senior who will apply for admission to SELECTIVE 4-year colleges and universities such as UCLA, UC San Diego, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, USC, Occidental, LMU, Stanford, and out of state selective colleges and universities.
- You MUST have a 3.0 (CSU/UC) minimum GPA to participate.
- You MUST be a senior who will be done with all A-G course requirements by the end of senior year (NO D’s or F’s on transcript).
- You MUST be willing to meet with your USC mentor 1-2 times a month; you and your mentor will set convenient meeting times to cover the college and financial aid application process making the transition to college easier for you!
- You MUST agree to respond when your mentor contacts you, including classroom summons, emails and phone calls.
- There is no residency requirement to be in the mentoring program; you must simply agree to these requirements to apply and participate!